No real money needed, just have fun
Blackjack is one of the most famous and playing casino table games! The game dates back to the year 1760 in France. The English version of twenty-one is called Vingt-Un in French. Recently, Blackjack began to be a popular gambling game, such as the classics roulette and poker.
If you still haven’t played Blackjack, Masino is the right place where to learn and play for free. Let’s start to learn about Blackjack Rules.
How to play Blackjack
The rules are very simple, the play is thrilling, and there is an opportunity to make strategies. Each player places a bet and their hands should be better than the dealer’s hand to win.
The game goal is to have the closest score to 21 which is the perfect score or make a better score than the dealer. The important point is if you exceed the 21, you will be defeated in the round. You can make some game strategies in the game such as hit, split, stand, double, insurance, and surrender.
Cards and Values
Generally, the game is played with 6 or 8 standard French Decks. It is up to each individual player if an ace is worth 1 or 11. Face cards are 10 and any other card is its pip value.
- All face cards are counted as 10 (Queen, King, Jack)
- Ace has two values, those 1 and 11. You can use it as you wish. It’s up to the owner. It’s called Soft Score.
- Cards through 2-10 are worth the value of the number on the face of the card.
- The perfect score is made by a combination of an Ace and any of 10 points cards. It’s called ‘’Blackjack’’
Hit: You can ask for one or more cards until you either go over 21 or you think you have the best possible hand.
Stand: If you think you have all the cards you need, you “stand”; meaning you signal to the dealer that you don’t want any more cards.
Double Down: The double allows you to double your initial bet and with double you can receive only 1 card. You can lose or win a double prize of your initial bet.
Split: If a player’s first two cards are the same, such as two kings or two fives, they may choose to separate hands when their turn comes around. If you split your pair, the dealer gives you one card for each hand then you can decide to stand,hit or even double. But you must pay before the split as much as your initial bet.
*At the beginning of the game, when the dealer’s open card is Ace, the players can have the following 3 options to move on with the game, Insurance, Surrender or Stand.
Insurance: Basically, it is a bet on whether or not the dealer has Blackjack and requires players to lay half their initial wagers. If the dealer has 21 then insurance pays 2 to 1.
Surrender: It’s an option when the dealer’s open card is Ace then players can take half of their initial bet and surrender from the game.
These are optional and independent of your main bet. The good thing is if you lose your main bet you can win with your side bets in the round. There are two different types of side bets.
- Perfect Pair (PP): When the player’s first 2 cards are the same this side bet wins according to the prize of the side bet. There are 3 kinds of Pairs these are; Mixed Pair (6:1), Colour Pair(12:1), and Perfect Pair (25:1)
- 21+3 Side Bets: The combination of the player’s initial cards and dealer’s open card. The 21+3 side bets are similar to Poker’s bonuses such as Colour (5:1), Straight(10:1), Straight Flush(40:1), Suited Trips(125:1)
Here are some pro tips you should know to win in Blackjack:
- The great score for double down is 11 if you receive 10 you can reach the 21 but be careful dealer may have hidden Blackjack!
- When the dealer’s open card is lower than 6 or 7 you do not need to have to try to hit for a score of higher than 12-13. Because in this type of round dealer may bust easily.
- If you have any pair which equals 20 then it’s not recommended to split this pair. Because 20 is a potential winning score in this game.
- You have blackjack and the dealer’s open card is Ace. Dealer is asking you insurance if you have insurance you can win 1:1 but if you don’t have and if the dealer has blackjack then it’s a tie and you won’t receive any win. The choice is yours, have fun!